The House of the Dragon offers new images to celebrate its announced release date.
The streaming platform HBO Max has announced that The House of the Dragon will be released on Monday, August 22, 2022 in Spain, while in North America the premiere will take place a day before. drama series will have 10 episodes and, based on the book Fire and Blood by George RR Martin, it will be set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones to tell the story of House Targaryen.
— HBO Max Spain (@HBOMaxES) March 30, 2022
To celebrate the announcement of the release date of The House of the Dragon, HBO Max has wanted to publish new images as a preview:
The House of the Dragon, which is one of the most anticipated series of 2022, will feature the following protagonists:
- Viserys Targaryens, the king chosen by the lords of Westeros to succeed the Old King, Jaehaerys Targaryen, on the Great Council of Harrenhal. A warm, kind and decent man, Viserys wishes only to continue the legacy of his grandfather. But good men are not necessarily great kings.
- Daemon Targaryens, younger brother of King Viserys and heir to the throne. An incomparable warrior and rider of dragons, Daemon possesses the true blood of the dragon. But it is said that every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin…
- Alicent Hightower, daughter of Otto Hightower, Hand of the King and most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms. She grew up in the Red Keep, close to the king and his inner circle; she possesses both courtly grace and keen political acumen.
- Rhaenyra Targaryens, the king’s firstborn, is of pure Valyrian blood and is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.
- Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Sea Serpent”. Lord of House Velaryon, a Valyrian bloodline as old as House Targaryen. As “The Sea Serpent”, the most famous nautical adventurer in the history of Westeros, Lord Corlys built his house into a mighty seat that is even richer than the Lannisters and boasts the largest navy in the world.
- Rhaenys Targaryensa dragonrider and wife of Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Queen That Never Was” was ruled out as heir to the throne by the High Council because the kingdom favored her cousin, Viserys, simply because he was male.
- Ser Criston Cole, of Dornish descent, the common son of the Lord of Blackhaven’s steward. Cole is not entitled to land or title; all he has to his name is his honor and his supernatural skill with a sword.
- Mysaria, who arrived in Westeros with nothing, and was sold more times than he can remember. She could have withered… but instead she became the most trusted – and least likely – ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the heir to the throne.
- Otto Hightower. The Hand of the King, Ser Otto loyally and faithfully serves both his king and his kingdom. From his point of view, the greatest threat to the kingdom is the king’s brother, Daemon, and his position as heir to the throne.
The 8 best original and exclusive series on HBO Max
Will The House of the Dragon get closer to the success of Game of Thrones?
Related topics: sets
Sign up for Disney + for 8.99 euros and without permanence Subscribe to Disney +!